The aim of the Mathematics faculty at Al-Faisal College - Auburn, is to develop students’ mathematical thinking, understanding, competence and confidence in the application of mathematics. We also seek to develop student creativity and their appreciation of the subject, and their engagement in and enjoyment of independent lifelong learning.
In our learning programs, we seek:
• To give an understanding of important mathematical ideas, and to introduce students to mathematical techniques, which are relevant to the real world.
• To understand and appreciate the need to prove results, to appreciate the role of deductive reasoning in establishing such proofs, and to develop the ability to construct such proofs.
• To enhance those mathematical skills required; for further studies in mathematics, the physical sciences and technology.
• Expertise in the teaching of Extension 2 Mathematics.
• Before and after school Mathematics tuition and additional individual teaching support for senior students.
Al-Faisal College, 149 Auburn Rd, Auburn NSW 2144, Sydney, Australia | Telephone +61 2 8877 2000 | Email: email@example.com |
Copyright: Al-Faisal College. All Rights Reserved 2019.