Creative and Performing Arts
At Al-Faisal College - Liverpool, we believe passionately in the role of the Creative Arts in the education of every student. We have an Arts program that offers all students many opportunities for curricular learning experiences in Music. We also offer an exciting and challenging program in Visual Arts.
Al-Faisal College runs classroom Music from in Year 7 and covers the mandatory requirement. Students develop their understanding through a skills-based course that follows the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA).
All students in Year 7 take part in Music lessons. Our students learn to:
• Perform using their voices and a range of instruments
• Compose using different instruments and musical software application
• Critically listen to music
Visual Arts at Al-Faisal College is a stimulating centre of learning that aims to:
• Activate, develop and liberate the creative potential of individual students
• Simulate self-expression through a personal awareness of imagination, intuition, emotion and point of view
We strive to help students to:
• Exhibit and constantly evaluate one’s own work as well as the work of others
• Develop visual and tactile sensitivity
• Develop powers of observation and become aware of the environment as a source of inspiration for art making
• Develop enjoyment and confidence in the ability to think creatively
• Develop aesthetic appreciation and communicate ideas and opinion
• Realise the expressive potential of a variety of media and its implications
At Al-Faisal, we endeavour to expose students to a large variety of visual media when they study the Visual Arts, including drawing, painting, ceramics, sculptures, printmaking, photography and digital media.
Visual Arts Stage 4 (Years 7 and 8)
Visual Arts is experienced by all students in Years 7-8 in a balanced curriculum of both theory and practice. Students will have an opportunity to explore their creative potential by producing artworks inspired by the artists studied. Students learn to take on the roles of artist, art critic and art historian through the various activities conducted each lesson. Students explore a variety of two and three dimensional media whilst studying a variety of themes throughout their course of study at the College.
Al-Faisal College, 83 Gurner Ave, Austral NSW 2179, Australia | Telephone +61 2 9606 0355 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright: Al-Faisal College. All Rights Reserved 2019.